APR’s immediate crisis management work
- Preparing a holding Statement for posting on its social media platforms, and for sharing reactively with the mass media.
- A comprehensive Q&A document listed likely questions that could be asked by the media or by the public, and the answers to be given to these.
- A list of ‘friendly’ journalists and social media activists and influencers was drawn up, who could be called upon for support as needed, to do ‘independent’ reporting of the issue.
- APR also prepared a statement to be sent out as internal communication to all employees, by the CEO.
- Khaadi’s clarification got published in Dawn.com, Daily Pakistan online, and ARYNEWS online, at that point the 3 most active online platforms covering the story. These were then picked up by friendly social media influencers and shared more widely.
- Talking Points were developed for Khaadi team conducting negotiations with the Sindh Labour Unions Federation, which had in meantime taken up the lead supporter role for the dismissed employees.